Consumer Electronics Questions and Answers
21 April 2017, 12:42 PM
Question: Fix calculator - basic help?
I got a small chip on my calculator screen (see photo link below). Is there any way I can manually fix this or ways to make it less apparent? Thanks.
Votes: 132
Try a tiny drop of suitable solvent, placed on to the chip with tip of a cocktail stick or pointed matchstick.

MEK may work, or dichloromethane (methylene chloride).

The correct one will literally dissolve the plastic and when it evaporates the white edges of the crack should have gone, with it fused back together.

It won't be perfect but rather less intrusive.

Do not overdo it - just damp the stick and touch it to the crack, just enough to wet all the way through it.
Do not allow a blob to form on the surface of the plastic, it will make things worse.

Once it's dried for a few days you can go over it with metal polish to minimise any hazing or discolouration.
Ask your question:
Question will be posted pending approval

About Maileet
Our system crawl the web to find the best answers for questions about consumer electronics topics (Camcorders, Games & Gear, Cell Phones etc.)